draw in crop
there is a new tool in the item cropper that allows users to draw
- features five pen sizes and dozens of colors.
- dedicated draw eraser lets the drawings and erasing occur on top of jpg beneath
massive 6 week project finished, with massive performance upgrade for fraction of price
- migrated from 1 dedicated $350 server to 2 $20 managed scaling servers with 2 $20 db servers for a total of $80 + overages
- server scales php processor and database across huge network, incurring overages if used often rather than reducing site performance or crashing the site server
- detailed processor reports (gpu reports) intimize most cpu intensive files, scripts and errors
- fyrebugdev environment completely separate and does not impact or get impacted by live site
all backgrounds are now created at three sizes – 425×350 as well as new 85×70 (1/5th size thumbnail) and 850×700 (double sized)
- all previous backgrounds have been retroactively tripled as well, and copied to the uploaded.fyrebug.com site
- item gallery loading for backgrounds will load much faster, create less server load, and incure fewer cdn charges
- all item galleries changed to show thumbnail in gallery
- use in wide/tall engines
ability to add any subdomain and point to a separate server
add dedicated subdomain and user database as a client offering
- all logos, uploaded mp3s, generated text files and cropped images now auto-sync to the cdn-based subdomain.
- this will allow fyrebug to scale out in another direction if needed
the pages on fyrebug are now cached and refresh periodically. content can be refreshed on many pages with ajax loaders.
major bug fixes
90% processor usage reduction with new server gpu reports
- related games
- item gallery search, featured bgs
- stray images and files